Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday Musings

Not a lot to talk about today. I spent a lot of the weekend online, so now I don't have much to say. Of course, knowing me, I'll probably end up with several paragraphs of "nothing much".

Biggest news right now: I did not get one of the KOD scholarships for Nationals. I'm still waiting to hear from RWA about the essay I sent in. Hopefully that will come through for me. I have raised $300 toward airfare. I'm crocheting blankets (need an afghan? Think ahead to Christmas! Order now and help me get to Nationals!) Whoa. How's that for blatant begging? I have $500 to go. If I can sell 10 more afghans....

I got my cherry pin in the mail today. I'll wear it at Nationals so that JCF's will know I'm a Cherry. Two more dresses came today. Both are a bit too small, but I have a couple of months to get some of this stupid weight off. And I'm bound and determined to get my doc to do something about it. After all, it's the meds he put me on that caused this freakin' weight. He should be able to do something about it. Right? Right.

My 4 yr old (third born) had a meltdown this morning at school, and as she collapsed to the floor in her overly dramatic way, she pulled my shirt with her. Needless to say, as much pain as I'm normally in and causing me to take so many narcotics every day for LIFE, this totally wrenched out my entire right side, from my hip joint up to my shoulder blade. I just downed two Darvocets and one Flexeril (muscle relaxer) in an attempt to bypass the pain. My regular doses weren't TOUCHING it. Hopefully, these will kick in and I won't have the ability to sit here to type anymore on the blog.

See? Told ya I'd end up with several paragraphs, even though I supposedly had nothing to say.

Love,
Loose-Lips

No comments: