Friday, June 10, 2005

HE COULD BE THE ONE - Book Review

I just finished Elizabeth Bevarly's HE COULD BE THE ONE, Avon books. I really enjoyed this, and it's one of the few books that is NOT what I'd really call a suspense (there's a small element near the end) that has kept me turning the pages. At one point in the story, my husband actually woke up to ask me what was making me laugh so much. There's this scene about crashing a 20th high school reunion of a school they did not attend, and the results of wearing someone else's name badge and the reputations those names carried. What a RIOT!!!

THIS is exactly what makes me want to write romantic comedy. She has two plots of two couples throughout the story, keeping it fresh and moving the entire time. (Plots are linked through sisters and getting to their OWN reunion.)

This gets a good, solid A from me. Well done. A cute and clever read that makes us remember who we were and where we are now, and the path that we traveled on the journey to get here. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Sounds like it's right up my alley...I'll check it out!