Tuesday, March 29, 2005

In local news: Julie Kenner is interviewed in Austin!

Since I don't live in Austin, I don't get the paper. But I heard on our email loops that she has a TERRIFIC interview in the Life Section of the Austin paper.

Julie just recently sold her book to Chris Columbus (same guy that did the first two Harry Potter movies!) and we're all excited about it. She has written 20 books in 5 years! What a standard to measure ourselves against. ~shoves the feelings of inadequacy away~ I finally got to meet Julie at last month's ARWA meeting. I was so excited, and she's just as sweet in person as she is online. I hope to one day be as accomplished as she is! (Like I told my best buddy and one of my critique partners, maybe if *I* could sell to Chris Columbus, I could finally do something with my HAIR!!! I just recently whacked off 10" but STILL not 100% happy with it! I think it needs a NY salon make-over, but I gotta get to NY first!) Oh hush. I can dream, right? Right. Whoa, I got off course big time. Back to the topic at hand. (It's the meds. Yes, it is.)

If you want to read more about her and the wonderful things going on in her world, there's a link to her site here on the left listed under FAVORITE AUTHORS. I promise you'll be treating yourself to a wonderful time.

And also, congrats to all our members that recently finaled in The Merritt Contest (yours truly included) as well as our Golden Heart and Rita Finalists! ARWA is the best.

Don't argue.

3 comments:

dawnmarie said...

someone commented on the chicklit loop? where is that? I'd like to check it out.

Brenda said...

Hmm....let my medicated brain run through the 34503485 lists I'm on. I do believe THAT particular loop is chicklit-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Send a blank email to that (I think you may have to be a memeber, though, not sure)

dawnmarie said...

thanks much!