Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary to a Glorious Addiction.

Of all the photos and cartoons on one of my favorite websites, I decided to use this one because like caffeine, Evil Editor is an absolutely wicked addiction.

And I'd have it no other way.

Today celebrates the 2nd anniversary of Evil Editor gracing the Internet and making it a better, if somewhat more sardonic, place. Sometimes I try to think of what my life was like without his presence but my brain just doesn't wrap around the idea. He's alpha and omega. He just... IS.

In celebration of this day, there is a party blog created by his many devoted minions. Please stop by and see why we bow in amazement at this man, and how overall awesome his entire community is. We are this incredibly odd-functioning family who love, need and depend on each other. It truly is a fantastic thing to be a part of, and I love it.

EE has the rare ability to place us on pedastals when we need it, then back to groveling at his feet when we need that too. He is encouragement, he is punishment and scathingly harsh, he is witty and sarcastic and a man who will forever have my loyalty. He gives without expectation. He strives to make us smarter, faster, to mold us into the writers he knows we have the potential of becoming. We have mourned deaths, celebrated successes and became brothers and sisters from the fatherhood he created two years ago today.

How do I put into words what this anonymous man means to Brenda though? I've never heard his voice. I've never seen his face. I don't know his nationality, his age, his history. There is not one personal thing I know about him save one thing:

I know his heart.

You humble me like no other.
You make me laugh through my tears.
You lift me up when I can no longer see the sky past my own fears and insecurities.

Most importantly, if I never get published, I will forever know there is a very wise man out there who truly believed in me, and that's a gift beyond comprehension and worth more than gold.

Happy Anniversary, Evil Editor. You truly are a god amongst men.

7 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

Very nice tribute, Brenda.
:-)

PJD said...

Wow, Brenda, that was, like, worthy of a video introduction on the Oscars or something! Poignant. Moving.

Regarding this: I've never heard his voice. I've never seen his face. I don't know his nationality, his age, his history.

Do you ever wonder if perhaps EE is actually a group of call center employees in Bangalore taking turns?

Robin S. said...

This is really sweet, Brenda!

Blogless Troll said...

That was wonderful Brenda. I always love reading your posts because they're so honest.

Phoenix Sullivan said...

A lovely tribute, Brenda. These are the kinds of connections that make this crazy life worth living.

Bernita said...

He is indeed, Brenda.

And thank you for your good wishes in another regard.

PJD said...

Dateline June 10, 2008, 6:25 p.m. Pacific Time:

Jailbreak at Evil Editor's. EE has turned off comment moderation on a thread to celebrate his one millionth hit. Page hit, I'm pretty sure. I wanted to let you know.